Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yahoo! News Censors my Cain Comment

I tried posting this as a comment to a Yahoo! News article. And was twice rejected:

QUOTE:

Gloria Cain says, “I’m thinking he would have to have a split personality to do the things that were said.”

Well, Gloria, you may well be on to something there. You know the old saying: The wife is the last to know, and the first to exclaim “I should have known!” This is where Herman’s claim that his wife supports him “200 percent” gets interesting.

First, I’d rather hear that from his wife than from her “spokesman.”

Second, if his wife supports him 200%, that would break down to 100% support for each of his split personalities (hmm...maybe she does know).

Third, if that isn’t true, then I have to seriously question Herman’s math – and he was a math major in college, wasn’t he? Go figure!

Oh, BTW, if Herman Cain cared anything at all for his wife’s heart condition, he should not have allowed himself to be photographed (recently) with his arms around two white college-age honeys. That picture sent a message: No one tells Herman Cain what to do.

Steven Searle for US President in 2012
“This man is a dog; and I’m not spelling that d-a-w-g.”

:UNQUOTE.


I firmly believe Yahoo! News censors readers’ comments. I’ve seen comments by some posters who manage to attract hundreds of “thumbs up” within a few hours of the source article being posted. And many of those comments aren’t really that controversial nor do they do much except allow people to vent. They certainly don’t contribute anything substantial to the debate. It seems to me that Yahoo has some way of artificially “managing” the news – for lack of a better word.

For a while, I had huge problems posting anything critical of Sarah Palin. For other types of posts, I would see my comments a few hours later but then they’d disappear soon thereafter. I have a feeling that Yahoo! News, much like other corporate media outlets, seeks to dumb down the dialogue, pandering to the lowest common denominator. This is most obvious in the poor quality of the offerings of certain selected contributors who are allowed a status similar to guest editorialists.

Not that my feelings are hurt by any of these machinations. I post what I can, when I can. But I want to call Yahoo on their mischief. That’s the least I can do.

As of this writing, it seems that Herman Cain is very much on the way out, with Newt Gingrich on the rise. That would please me immensely, for I would then have the opportunity to compare my written contract to his earlier Contract with America. For starters, his version didn’t have any teeth. That is, there were no provisions for non-performance. My contract, however, guarantees (as it did during my first presidential run in 2008) that I would lose my office if I failed to deliver on any of my 47-points.

And these points were promises on which I could make good without the support of Congress. For instance, here are the first three points of my 2008 Contract:

ONE: If I violate any of the terms of this contract, I will be removed from office by means of impeachment. I hereby affirm, in advance, that I will not defend myself nor authorize any other party to defend me against any impeachment activity in the House or trial by the Senate. I further agree to a speedy trial - within less than 10 minutes, if deemed necessary by the Senate.

TWO: Within 90 days of my inauguration, all U.S. military forces will be completely withdrawn from Iraq and Afghanistan, regardless of the "situation on the ground." This withdrawal also applies to any covert operatives currently operating in Iran.

THREE: I will urge Congress to retroactively raise to $5,000,000 the payment to next-of-kin (or other designees) of all U.S. soldiers (and members of Private Military Companies) killed in Iraq and Afghanistan - and make that tax free. In addition, I will urge Congress to increase disability benefits to $1,000,000 per lost limb, also retroactively and tax free. All this with an apology to our troops who've sacrificed so much: "We - made - a - mistake - and - we're - sorry."


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Yes, I hope Gingrich’s campaign catches on. Then I’ll work on scripting a YouTube video showing me and Newt debating. Since my Contract has teeth and his Contract with America didn’t, I might feature Newt trying to gum his toothless way through our debate. I’ve heard that Newt is thinking of offering an updated version of his contract specific to his current campaign, though I really doubt that version will have teeth either.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Steven Searle for US President in 2012
Founder of The Independent Contractors’ Party

“Why doesn’t Newt Gingrich quit while he’s ahead and still has a shred of dignity?”

Contact me at bpa_cinc@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment