Sunday, September 11, 2011

YouTube script: “There is no Tea Party”

Today, I will propose yet another idea for a YouTube political commercial based on the following real-life exchange:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

On Sept. 7, 2011, during the televised GOP debate, Mitt Romney was asked: “
“… Governor Romney, are you a member of the Tea Party?”
Romney’s response: “I don’t think you carry cards in the Tea Party. I believe in a lot of what the Tea Party believes in…”

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

A Sketch of my proposed YouTube clip
Show a freeze frame of Romney which was shot just before he was about to answer the question posed above. A voiceover says:

On Sept. 7, 2011, during the televised GOP debate, Mitt Romney was asked by a moderator: “
“… Governor Romney, are you a member of the Tea Party?”

Voiceover: And this was Mitt Romney’s answer:
Romney’s voice states his answer, with the freeze frame still showing:
“I don’t think you carry cards in the Tea Party. I believe in a lot of what the Tea Party believes in…”

Voiceover continues: “That was Mitt Romney’s answer. This is what we would have liked to have heard.”

Go to live action showing Romney “saying” this:
I am a member of the Republican Party. There is no such thing as the Tea Party except as a movement – it’s not a bona fide political party. If it were, it would be called the Tea Party Party or something like that.

Camera pans to Rick Perry, who is standing right next to Romney:
If I may interrupt, I want to thank Governor Romney for the courage to say what a lot of us up here must surely feel. He’s right. The GOP – which stands for Grand Old Party – is a real political party and has been for a long time. We all know who Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, and George Bush are. But I’ll bet not even 1% of my fellow Americans can name even one leader of the Tea Party Movement.

Bachman, not to be left out, adds:
I appreciate the support I’ve received from the Tea Party Movement. Those loyal Americans have provided, and continue to provide, great service to this country. They are reminding us not to forget Main Street, not to forget the 50 individual sovereign states, and not to forget the great American people who built this nation. But all that being said, there is no Tea Party.

Cain jumps in:
As a former CEO, I can appreciate the importance of a well-known, time-tested brand name. That defines the Republican Party.

Jon Huntsman:
As a former CEO myself, I can appreciate how ineffective the Tea Party movement will ultimately be. They are simply too fragmented and uncoordinated. In fact, there is no single overall umbrella group under which Tea Party activists are operating.

The moderator: Anybody else care to comment?
Newt Gingrich: “There is no Tea Party.”
Ron Paul: “There is no Tea Party.”
Rick Santorum: “There is no Tea Party.”
The moderator: “Well, there you have it, folks. It’s unanimous – there is no Tea Party."
Screen goes black with these words appearing in white letters: “There is no Tea Party.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Closing Comments:
I offer the above scenario in the hope that you* will convert it into and post it as a YouTube clip. That’s part of my strategy in my run for the presidency in 2012 – to create a series of thought-provoking and attention-grabbing political commercials. These will, I hope, sufficiently undermine my GOP and Democratic opponents and/or promote the ideas of my campaign as detailed on this blog.
These links will lead you to other scripts I’ve written:


   * If not “you,” then who?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Steven Searle for US President in 2012
Founder of The Independent Contractors’ Party

“I have so much faith in the magical thinking of the Tea Partiers, I’m sure they’ll be able to (quick like a bunny) instantly become a viable third party which will hold a convention to nominate their own party’s standard bearer – instead of trying to hijack the GOP.”

Contact me at bpa_cinc@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment