Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shout out to Latvia

I couldn't help but notice the large number of people from Latvia who have clicked on this website. For a nation of just over 2 million inhabitants, it's remarkable that they come in sixth place among those who have accessed this blog. In order of hits, the USA comes first, followed by Russia, the UK, Germany, Canada, and Latvia - which is so radically different from the others on this list.

So why should anyone from Latvia be interested in anything I'd have to say? I'm not asking this question rhetorically. I'm hoping someone can give me a clue. I'm probably one of the most accessible people on the planet, so go ahead and email me at bpa_cinc@yahoo.com. Or post a comment here. I have always given lengthy and thoughtful replies to all - actually, the few - who have done so. However, if you would rather not, I fully understand. Even the walls have ears these days, so you don't know if some spy agency is listening in. I always assume that to be the case, and you might wonder why I'm so bold in writing some of my comments. Let it suffice for now to say that I have my reasons - and I even hope the spies are listening. They might learn something. Maybe there's another Edward Snowden reading my comments who is tempted to do what he did. And maybe something I write will give him the courage to do so.

We need more whistleblowers.

I have a pet theory as to why Latvians might be interested in this blog. They have managed to maintain a strong group identity for centuries - avoiding being swallowed up by more powerful neighbors. In that way, I am similar to Latvians in that I managed to not be swallowed up by the propagandistic group think which is becoming more and more entrenched in the USA. I not only insist on not being swallowed up, I insist on growing. Which is where I think the spirit of the Latvian people lies right now. In short? I think you and I have a strong karmic bond as regards independence of thought and sense of self.

In any event, I hope you keep reading my material and invite your friends to do so.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,


Steven Searle, former candidate for US president (in 2008 and 2012)
Founder of the Independent Contractors' Party

"I liken what I do on this blog to what shipwrecked sailors used to hope for by putting messages in bottles and tossing them out to sea. In this case, it looks like many of my messages ended up on Latvian shores."


No comments:

Post a Comment