Thursday, November 8, 2012

Obama won: Some reflections

Barack Obama won and gets to serve a second term. So, we've got the same set-up now as we've had for the past four years:  The GOP controls the House, and the Democrats control the Senate and the presidency. And the fiscal cliff is that much closer, though we're hearing a little talk on both sides about trying to tackle that in a more bipartisan spirit.

To be honest, I have no idea how our lawmakers are going to tackle this issue. I will offer one possibility: They won't reach agreement and we will go over that cliff, after which they'll pass a series of bandaid bills in an attempt to limit the damage.

Maybe President Obama should ask Mitt Romney to serve as a Special Assistant to the President. In that role, perhaps he could be a liaison between POTUS and the GOP House. I'm not saying Romney's role would be to sell Obama's approach to the fiscal cliff. But he could sit with Boehner and his leadership and be (at first) a good listener to whom Boehner et al could speak. After all, Romney was the GOP standard bearer, so it's hard to imagine he'd be refused an audience or be received indifferently.

An additional role for Romney would tap his business acumen by allowing him to chair a think tank of other CEOs which he would hand-pick. One of Mitt's biggest selling points was his claim that he could form a business plan to get this country's economy back on its feet. However, I never felt that he had more than an intuitive notion on how to proceed; that is, his plan lacked detail. One big reason for that was, he lacked the resources and information only POTUS could access. One cannot make a plan impacting the entire nation's economy without as much back-up data as possible. The number-cruncher in Mitt Romney surely knows that.


As for my earlier predictions

I wish to address two earlier predictions I'd made:

  • Barack Obama would win by a landslide, allowing Democrats to retake the House;
  • Barack Obama would have ordered a military strike against the Iranian nuclear facilities, specifically allowing Israel to stand down so we could go it alone, before Labor Day.

My first prediction was based on my second having come to pass. I had written earlier that Team Obama was confident of at least winning the presidency. However, the rationale for my second prediction was that Obama needed some kind of electrifying event to challenge the Party of No's grip on the House.

So why didn't Obama attack Iran? Quite simply, he was denied permission. Even though POTUS is supposed to be the most powerful man on earth, even he is under the firm control of a Shadow Elite. They are in charge; he is not. Arguably, that Elite might have decided much more is to be gained by using Iran as the guinea pig for cyber warfare experiments. That's only my guess, but surely it can sometimes be more profitable to toy with an enemy than to throw bombs at him.

I do not regret having mentioned my second prediction within the text of my political contract*. I was that sure Obama would order an attack. Of course, had he done so, I would have had bragging rights which could have drawn attention to the terms of my presidential contract. By that means, I was hoping to bring those terms and the unique concept of political contracting to the attention of the general public. I took a calculated risk and failed, but one cannot eventually succeed if one is afraid to take chances.


The Definition of Insanity

Insanity Defined: "Using the same approach to solve a problem after seeing it had failed the first time, and expecting a different result the second time." We the People decided it would be just lovely to reelect the President and have the House and Senate each controlled by the same party as before. Yeah, like that's gonna work.

As I'd written extensively on this blog, we can only make progress once we elect independents to Congress and have that Congress reassert its Constitutionally primary role in our governance, which has been eroded by the Imperial Presidency. I still stand by this.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

* http://ind4prez2012.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-electoral-contract-of-steven-searle.html

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Steven Searle for US President in 2012
Founder of the Independent Contractors' Party

"For you who think the beat must go on, consider listening to a different drummer."

Contact me at bpa_cinc@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment