Tuesday, November 2, 2010

US & Palestinian Peace "Games"

As the next US President, I will ask the Palestinian government to invite US troops, under my personal command, to engage in joint peace “games” in the West Bank with their military forces.

This request will follow my two executive actions: I will void US diplomatic recognition of Israel and, instead, recognize the State of Palestine.

Oh…one more thing:  I will ask that the Palestinian forces participating in this exercise be completely unarmed. I will ask the same of participating US forces, but will only accept volunteers for this unique mission.

As US President, I would not recognize any West Bank Jewish settlements as being separate from Palestine. They would be part of the Palestine to which I would grant diplomatic recognition.

So I will come knocking on their door.

I will be with (hopefully) tens of thousands of unarmed US soldiers and Palestinian troops – they, too, ideally will be volunteers. Included in this gathering of hopefuls will be members of (again, unarmed) local Islamic militias (yes, including Hamas and Hezbollah) and civilian peacemakers from all over the world who wish to participate in this historic peace march. For that’s, really, what I have in mind: Not a joint military exercise but a joint peacemaking exercise.

So (to repeat) I will come knocking on their door – on the doors of the enclaves of Israeli occupiers who call themselves settlers. And it will be me (personally and directly) knocking on their door – as President of the United States. I will not be in this group only to play a cameo role or to cower in the back ranks.

I suppose it’s entirely possible some Jewish zealot would shoot me down in cold blood, thinking God wants this. If that should transpire, my only reaction (in advance, that is): “Oh well, stuff happens, but at least I tried.”

My instructions to my Vice President:  “Should anything happen to me while in Palestine, do not retaliate. Just let it sink in. Karmic retribution will take care of the rest.”  These instructions will be known to the world in advance of my departure.

My scheme might seem fanciful, to say the least. But someone’s got to do something. This much for sure: Barack Obama will fail to bring justice to Palestine just as surely as had all of his predecessors. I believe a radically different approach is called for.  Go ahead, if you wish: Call that Change You Can Believe In.

Steven Searle for US President in 2012

“Do not count on the good intentions of vampires such as Netanyahu, who seek only to suck the life out of Palestine for the sole benefit of their fellow tribesmen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment